Friday, October 16, 2015

Letter Project Reflection

Reflection:

1. Process: 
I think the process was helpful because it allowed me to organize my ideas and to decide what concept I can use for my letter C. During my process, I first thought of words that started the letter c like cats, crime, and cartoons and listed them. Then to expand on different ideas, I used some of them and put into thumbnails sketches so I can decide whether my concept works. The peer review did help me because it shorten my ideas even though I ended up changing something else. I started my first draft by drawing the cat and the comet to see what it would look when it is huge and so finally I decided to draw them because it was more unified and you can see the whole concept.



Thumbnails Sketches










2. Concept Representation: 
    By representing my concept, first I had to look up how a comet and space look as a reference because I did not know what a comet looks like. To make my letter c noticeable, I drew the comet formed as a c and put bright colors(yellow, red and orange).I wanted to blend the colors in so it can be more realistic and to show the gradation. To make my background as space, I used three colors(blue, purple, and black) to make the background more interesting instead of using just black. I drew the cat near the comet because I did not want my cat to get in the way of the comet formed as letter. Also, I drew the cat because it represents the letter c.

My first draft













 3. Challenges: The challenging part was the colors because I had no idea what I should color the comet and space. It also very hard for me to blend the colors. I was really worried that I did not blend it well. 

4. Satisfaction:                                                                                                                                                                                       
                I am satisfied with my work because I clearly showed what my letter was and gave a whole concept which is that it is in space and the cat is just floating around and being near with the comet. I clearly used the correct colors to show that the cat is in space and to make the comet noticeable. Also I blended very well which allowed my art to be realistic and unified.
Final Draft

5. Changes:
        I would like to change my cat because I would make it funnier and put the cat in a funny position.

1 comment: